Synthetic Decking Deals: The Premium Composite Option in South Africa
Have you purchased a home recently, or are you planning to make your next move? Are you looking for the best ways to invest in your budget for building materials? If you're a budget-conscious homeowner who is thinking about a synthetic decking, then you've come to the right place.
Wooden decking is the ideal option for any outdoor living space for several reasons. While there is nothing wrong with most types of wood, sometimes they can rot and become quite unpleasant to look at Synthetic wood is an alternative that combines the beauty of natural wood with a lot less maintenance.
The popularity of composite wood decking has exploded in recent years. With a low-maintenance surface and resistance to water, mold, and mildew, the popularity of synthetic decking continues to skyrocket.
Benefits Of Synthetic Decking
While wood decking is a popular option, there are many benefits to synthetic decking.
Even though synthetic decking doesn’t rot or become infested with pests, it does have some inherent risks. The biggest concern is that the boards can crack and break from normal wear and tear over time.
As with any other type of decking, you need to maintain your synthetic deck to keep it looking good
Clean your synthetic deck regularly, especially when you have harsh weather conditions, so that they don't damage the wood over time. Regularly check for cracks or splits in the wood and replace damaged or broken sections immediately.
Synthetic decking has few natural oils in them that can absorb moisture and cause rot and mold growth. This means that it is highly resistant to weather conditions such as rain, snow, or sun; however, it isn't completely waterproof and will still get wet if exposed to water for long periods.
To prevent this, you should use a material sealer underneath the product or seal the surface with a high-quality waterproof sealant after installation to ensure that water can't penetrate through the material and cause problems for your home and family members in the future.
Increased strength-to-weight Ratio:
Decking Solutions are robust and weigh a fraction of traditional materials. The product can withstand high winds and heavy rainfall, all while maintaining a lightweight for easier installation.
The synthetic decking surface is resistant to moisture, mold, mildew, and decay. In addition, the product resists corrosion from decay fungi. This makes for a long-lasting deck surface that will look great for years to come.
The most important factor when choosing a synthetic decking material is to look for one resistant to weather conditions, such as rain. Because of this, the best synthetic Decking materials are made with unique plastic technology that resists water and heat to protect both your deck and its components from damage in inclement weather.
How Long Do Synthetic Decking Last?
If you're like most people, you've probably heard that synthetic decks last longer than standard premium decks. The truth is that there aren't any scientific studies on this particular topic to prove longevity, but the consensus is that synthetic decks last longer than standard premium decks.
The best way to determine how long your deck will last is to test it for yourself.
You may never need to replace your deck again if you follow these tips:
- Don’t use harsh cleaners or abrasive cleaners on your board. This can cause cracking or warping of the plastic. Instead, use only natural cleaners, such as soap and water, or non-abrasive cleaners, such as Composite Deck Cleaner (CompoWash).
- Store the decking boards in a dry place when not in use so that moisture doesn't collect on it and cause it to warp or crack.
What Is Synthetic Decking Made of?
The majority of synthetic decking is made from linear low-density polyethylene (LDPE) derived from fossil fuels. Other types of plastic include (e.g., acrylonitrile butadiene styrene (ABS) and polypropylene (PP)) are produced through similar processes to LDPE. But these works at much higher temperatures, often in a by-product of petrochemical/plastics production.
This means that the raw materials used to make these plastics typically come from oil sources. The end products are plastic pellets that are then extruded into rods or sheets for use as decking. Generally, synthetic decking is less expensive than natural alternatives but can contain harmful chemicals that can pose health risks over time.
While some synthetic decking is made of recycled plastic, this can be in the form of recycled plastic. These days the recycled plastic is not always suitable for use in decking. The most common recycled plastic used is HDPE, which is more commonly known as high-density polyethylene.
Which Synthetic Decking Material Is Best? -- 5 Things To Consider:
The right decision depends on the purpose of the decking project, its design, and how much maintenance is required.
- If you're looking to renovate a deck where high-quality exterior materials are always desired, wood is usually the best choice. As with any new building project, the decision will depend on what you want to achieve and how much money you want to spend.
- If your budget is tight and you want a basic deck that requires minimal maintenance, plywood boards will do the trick. Plywood decks are easy to work with and can offer a low cost of replacement and maintenance over time. They're also quite affordable and easy to find locally. If you want to keep things simple, they're also plentiful at your local home improvement store or lumberyard. Visit thecompositecompany.co.za for choosing the budget-friendly decking materials.
- PVC decks are another great option if you need something that offers durability and sturdiness but can be easily changed in case of any damage or wear out. They're also incredibly durable, able to last for many years without noticeable deterioration — unlike wood — and will generally not require significant maintenance at all. PVC decks can also be found in various designs and colors that offer stylish options that go beyond their "Eco-Friendly" credentials. Have a look over thecompositecompany.co.za to find the best combination.
- If you have an outdoor space that needs outdoor furniture, then aluminum or steel can be a good choice for your project. Aluminum is considered the "standard" for outdoor furniture because it's lightweight, durable, and affordable. This means it won't add too much "weight" to your budget or cause any major headaches when you have to repair it.
- Steel is another great option for outdoor furniture because it is lightweight but offers a sturdier alternative than aluminum in terms of durability and rust resistance — making it an excellent choice for projects that require a lot of use over time from their outside furniture.
Few Best Composite Decking:
Co-Extrusion Composite Decking Board
The Co-Extrusion composite decking board offers you an affordable and long-lasting alternative to traditional lumber for your deck projects. It's manufactured from recycled materials and provides a unique appearance and crisp texture.
This pressure-treated wood - plastic composite board is designed to be used with all types of decking and railing systems and is treated and finished with a fibreglass resin that creates a finish that resists decay, rot, insect damage, and fading. The coating protects the board from moisture but allows the natural beauty of the wood grain to shine through.
Classic Composite Fascia
The Classic Composite Fascia (CCF) is an architectural feature that combines the function of traditional Fascias with the visual appeal of new materials. CCF is a modern take on the conventional fascia roofing material, which has been present for more than 100 years in residential architecture. It provides a low-maintenance option for new construction while retaining the aesthetics of the original fascia.
The Classic Composite Fascia has an all-wood front and rear fascia that match closely to the wood siding on your home. The Classic Composite Fascia comes in two custom-cut panels to fit your home, so you won't have to cut or trim when you install it. If you want to add a touch of class to your older wood siding home, Classic Composite Fascia is the way to go.
Classic Composite Decking Board
Classic composite decking boards can provide a variety of benefits for both users and builders. This particular product is very resistant to rot, mold, and mildew. It also comes with a durable and long-lasting warranty and can be applied on all types of roofs. The material is also lightweight and does not require any additional tools for installation.
It uses a combination of recycled timber, resin, and additives to give you sturdy, resilient floors that can withstand heavy traffic areas.
The product will not easily break under pressure, and the joints are strong enough to withstand any weight. This means you can feel comfortable having your flooring installed in front of heavy equipment or machinery without worrying about the type of flooring you choose.
Composite wood decking is one of the best options for any homeowner. It provides you with a durable and attractive option for exterior decks, patio areas, walkways, and more.
No matter whether you are looking to replace your old wooden decking or create a new one from scratch, this product has everything you need.
How have you found the blog post? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.